Chinese Medicine’s Gentle Approach to Women’s Health
Gynecology in general is an area in which Chinese medicine shines. Chinese medicine may be used instead of or in conjunction with Western medicine for the successful treatment of menstrual problems, infertility and menopausal discomforts.
Conditions often treated successfully with Chinese Medicine include;
- Menstrual Disorders – Menstruation need not be painful.
- Chinese herbal medicine appears to be more effective at relieving menstrual cramps and pain than pharmaceutical drugs, according to a new study conducted by Australian researchers and published in the journal Cochrane Library. Learn More About How Chinese Herbs Relieve Menstrual Pain Better than Drugs
- A recent German study published in the February, 2008 issue of the American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology confirms that acupuncture can relieve a woman of her menstrual pain.
- Uterine Fibroids
- PCOS and Acupuncture. Studies done in Europe in the 1990s on anovulatory women with PCOS showed that electro-acupuncture restored ovulation in one-third of the test subjects.
- Menopause – Menopause is not a disease.
- Chinese medicine sees menopause as a normal and important transition which can be assisted to proceed smoothly, quickly, and without discomfort.
- Insomnia and Acupuncture. Research published in the Journal of Advanced Nursing concluded that “acupuncture may be an effective intervention for the relief of insomnia.”Read more about How to get a good night’s sleep by using Chinese Medicine.