Acupuncture &/or Chinese herbal medicine offers women a choice of options and support within a broad scope.
- Anxiety and depression
- Thrush and abnormal vaginal discharge
- Itching in pregnancy
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension
- Small for dates babies
- Nausea and vomiting
- Varicose veins
- Urinary tract infections
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Breech and posterior positioned babies
- Prebirth treatment to prepare the body for an efficient labour
- Acupressure for pain relief during labour
- Pain relief and problems during labour
- Postpartum recovery
Involves a series of four sessions weekly from 36 or 37 weeks to prepare for labour. Points are used according a woman’s constition and pregnancy history. These include points to ripen the cervix, to help position the baby in the best presentation for labour and to promote optimal energy and stamina for women to enter into labour.
Data on 169 women was gathered by 14 midwives as part of their midwifery practice in Wellington, New Zealand. It found that when comparing all caregivers (Midwives GP’s and Specialists) to those women who had received prebirth acupuncture there was:
An overall 35% reduction in the number of inductions (for women having their first baby this was a 43% reduction)
A 31% reduction in the epidural rate.
When comparing midwifery only care to women receiving prebirth acupuncture there was a:
32% reduction in emergency caesarean delivery
9 % increase in normal vaginal births.
There was no differance in the onset of early labour in those women receiving prebirth acupuncture.
For further information please click on Debra Betts.
Chinese Medicine can improve fertility and pregnancy rates in several ways:
- improve ovarian function to produce better quality eggs
- regulate hormones to produce a greater number of follicles
- increase blood flow to the uterus and increase the thickness of the uterine lining
- relax the patient and decrease stress levels
- prevent the uterus from contracting
- strengthen the immune system
- improve the sperm count and motility to produce better quality embryos
- decrease and prevent the chances of miscarriage
At Echuca Family Acupuncture. Chinese Medicine. Natural Health.
We work closely with your IVF team to ensure that the best possible outcome is achieved for you and your family.
We offers specific plans using acupuncture & Chinese herbs for couples who are trying to conceive, or who are experiencing difficulty conceiving due to known factors, including gynecological conditions such as polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis or unexplained factors. A recent study shows that using Chinese medicine over a 4 month period can improve pregnancy rates 2 fold over rates achieved with fertility drugs or IVF alone. And increases IUI success rates by 50%.
Whilst aiming to optimise ovarian function and egg quality as well as sperm vitality. It is also used to reduce stress, improve your sleep, regulate immune factors, promote weight loss and improve digestion.
If you are planning to do IVF or have already embarked on IVF, then our acupuncture protocols will help to improve blood flow and drug delivery to the ovaries and uterus during the stimulation phase, improve rates of implantation of embryos and reduce stress and side effects.